All students who have a sincere interest in at least one of the arts (music, drama, dance, visual and literary arts) and have a good academic history are welcome to apply at Calgary Arts Academy.
Note that the application process can also be found in the parent handbook.
1. Tour of the School
- Make an appointment through the school offices for a school tour. Dates and details for scheduled school tours can be found under the Upcoming Events section of our website.
- Complete the registration form and submit to the office, in person or to fax number (403) 217-0965.
- Registration form is required in order to be placed on the waiting list.
- Date of submission will be noted on the registration form.
- Provide copies of your child's birth certificate and most recent report card, plus a $50.00 admin fee.
Note that transportation forms and immunization records are not required until a space has been offered to your child.
3. Orientation Meeting at the School
- All short-listed students and their parents are required to attend a presentation at the school that will outline the program offered at CAA. Orientation meetings occur in early spring and you will receive correspondence from us with details when your child is short-listed.
4. Student Audition (Year 4 Plus)
- Students must demonstrate an interest in one of the arts.
- Students in Year 4 and older must audition.
- The student may choose their art form - music, art, dance, drama or literary art.
- The audition is meant to reveal student willingness to perform and commitment to the school, rather than their proficiency level.
- Congratulations! You will receive correspondence from us advising of your acceptance.
7. Summer Orientation Day
- The summer orientation day occurs the day before regular classes begin for the new school year.
- The orientation day introduces Calgary Arts Academy's pillars to new students, and provides information on Brain Gym and the five art forms.
- Attendance by all new students is mandatory.
Page modified January 24, 2013.